By accessing and using this website (the "Site"), you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to accept and be bound by the terms of the Legal Disclaimers set out below. These Legal Disclaimers apply to all aspects of the Site, including the portions of the Site that may only be accessed by login credentials. The Legal Disclaimers may be modified by us from time to time without notice, by posting any changes in this document. Your continued access or use of the services provided by this Site will mean you accept the terms of the Legal Disclaimers including any changes made to them. If you do not accept any of the terms below, please discontinue use of this Site and any of its associated pages. The laws of the Province of Ontario, and any applicable federal laws of Canada will govern these terms and your use of this Site.
- About Mackenzie Financial Corporation
Mackenzie Financial Corporation ("Mackenzie") was founded in 1967, and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services. Mackenzie distributes its investment services through multiple distribution channels to both retail and institutional investors. Mackenzie is a member of the IGM Financial Inc. (TSX: IGM) group of companies. IGM Financial is one of Canada's premier financial services companies. For more information, visit About Mackenzie Investments.
- About The Canada Life Assurance Company
Founded in Winnipeg in 1891, The Great-West Life Assurance Company amalgamated with The Canada Life Assurance Company and London Life Insurance Company, to become The Canada Life Assurance Company (“Canada Life”) on January 1, 2020. Canada Life is a leading Canadian life and health insurer, offering a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations. Canada Life provides a wide range of retirement savings and income plans, as well as life, disability and critical illness insurance for individuals and families. As a leading provider of employee benefits in Canada, Canada Life offers effective benefit solutions for large and small employee groups. The Mackenzie Segregated Funds' individual variable annuity policy is issued by Canada Life, a Mackenzie affiliate.
"Mackenzie" or "Mackenzie Group of Companies" includes Mackenzie Financial Corporation. Mackenzie is affiliated with Investors Group Inc. and The Great-West Life Assurance Company.
- About the Strategic Charitable Giving Foundation
The Strategic Charitable Giving Foundation (the "Foundation") is a non-profit charitable corporation registered as a public foundation with the Canada Revenue Agency and with the Quebec Ministry of Revenue. The objective of the Foundation is to receive and maintain charitable giving funds and to apply all or part of the principal and income from those funds to registered charities. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors and the majority of the Board is independent of Mackenzie and its affiliates.
- Trademarks and Copyrights
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs or other content in the pages of this Site may constitute trade names, registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks (collectively, the "trademarks") of Mackenzie and its affiliates or of third parties and are used under licence by Mackenzie and its affiliates. However, the display of the trademarks on this Site does not imply that a licence has been granted to any third party. All goodwill generated from the use of the trademarks on any website will endure to Mackenzie's benefit.
All information on this Site is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and other countries. The information is for your personal, educational and non-commercial use only and may be used and reproduced provided that it is not modified and that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in the Site. The contents of the Site may not be otherwise used, copied, redistributed, reproduced, republished, stored in any medium, retransmitted, modified or broadcasted, in any form.
Nothing in this document shall be construed as conferring any right or licence under any copyright of Mackenzie or any other person who owns the copyright in the content provided on our Site.
Mackenzie disclaims any and all liability that may result from any unauthorized reproduction or use of the information from this Site.
Any unauthorized downloading, retransmission, or other copying or modification of trademarks and/or the contents of this Site may be a violation of any federal or other law that may apply to trademarks and/or copyrights and could subject the violator to legal action.
- Use of Intellectual Property Rights
Mackenzie either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text images, audio clips, video clips, software and other content that is made available to you on our Site, or has obtained the permission of the owner of the intellectual property in such content to use the content on our website.
Mackenzie grants you a non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited and revocable right to display on your computer, print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, images, audio clips, video clips, software and other content that is made available to you on our Site for your personal, educational and non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify any such content and you include with and display on each copy of such content the associated copyright notice and this intellectual property notice. No other use is permitted.
You may not publicly perform, publicly display, transmit, publish, participate in the sale or transfer of, modify, or create derivative works based on anything available through the website, in whole or in part. You are prohibited from storing electronically any significant portion of any part of the Site. No reverse engineering, linking, framing, or modification of any part of this Site is allowed without our written approval. Any modification or unauthorized use is a violation of Mackenzie's intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights.
Products and Services
Nothing contained in this Site constitutes an offer to buy or sell products or services of Mackenzie or any of its affiliates. Mackenzie products and services are only offered in jurisdictions where they may be lawfully offered for sale. All products and services are subject to the terms and conditions of applicable agreements, prospectuses and laws. It is important to note that not all products, services and information are available in all jurisdictions outside Canada. This Site should not be considered an offer to sell or solicitation to buy any investment fund or other product, service or information to anyone in any jurisdiction in which an offer or solicitation is not authorized or cannot be legally made or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make an offer or solicitation. Prospective investors who are not resident in Canada should consult with their financial advisor to determine whether these products and services may be lawfully sold in their jurisdiction.
- U.S. Dollar Settlement Option
All fund performance and distribution information is based on each fund's net asset value per unit which is calculated in Canadian dollars. All US dollar NAV, performance and distribution information is calculated by converting the corresponding Canadian dollar information to US dollars using the daily exchange rate. Please note that the U.S. Dollar Settlement Option is offered as a convenience for investors who prefer to transact in US dollars. Holding fund securities under the U.S. Dollar Settlement Option has no impact on the overall performance of your investment within the fund and does not act as a hedge against currency fluctuations between the Canadian and US dollars, nor does it negate the effect of any hedging within a fund. Please refer to the prospectus for further details on the U.S. Dollar Settlement Option or speak to your advisor.
The Calculators found on this website are provided for illustrative purposes only. The Calculators are educational tools and do not constitute advice with respect to investment, financial, legal, accounting, tax or similar matters.
Important information about any mutual fund or ETF is contained in its Prospectus, Annual Information Form, Fund Facts document, ETF Facts document and in its Management Report on Fund Performance. This includes the mutual fund's or ETF's investment objective, purchase options and applicable charges. You can view copies of these documents on this Site, or at www.sedar.com. All mutual funds and ETFs are sold by Prospectus. This Site should not be considered an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy any mutual fund or ETF or other products or services available from Mackenzie.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments and the use of an asset allocation service. The indicated rates of return for the funds are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any investor that would have reduced returns. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Mutual fund securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer.
With respect to money market funds, the performance data provided assumes reinvestment of distributions only and does not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any investor that would have reduced returns. There can be no assurances that the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Past performance may not be repeated.
- Index Disclosure
The indices cited are widely accepted benchmarks for investment performance within their relevant regions, sectors or asset class, represent non-managed investment portfolios, and are not necessarily indicative of future investment returns.
- Distribution Disclosure
The payment of distributions is not guaranteed and may fluctuate. The payment of distributions should not be confused with a fund's performance, rate of return or yield. If distributions paid by the fund are greater than the performance of the fund, your original investment will shrink. Distributions paid as a result of capital gains realized by a fund, and income and dividends earned by a fund are taxable in your hands in the year they are paid. Your adjusted cost base will be reduced by the amount of any returns of capital. If your adjusted cost base goes below zero, you will have to pay capital gains tax on the amount below zero.
- Segregated Funds Disclosure
The Mackenzie Segregated Funds' individual variable annuity policy is issued by The Canada Life Assurance Company, a Mackenzie affiliate.
A description of the key features of the individual variable insurance contract is contained in the information folder. Subject to any applicable guarantee, any amount that is allocated to a segregated fund is invested at the risk of the contractholder and may increase or decrease in value.
- Mackenzie Charitable Giving Fund
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual funds. A charitable administration fee and charitable operating expenses will also apply. Please read the prospectus before investing and the Program Guide before donating. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. The information is general in nature and is not intended to be professional tax advice. Donations should not be made for tax considerations alone. Each donor's situation is unique and advice should be received from a financial advisor.
- Morningstar Star Ratings
Morningstar Star Ratings reflect performance as of a particular date and are subject to change monthly. The ratings are an objective, quantitative measure of a fund's historical risk-adjusted performance relative to other funds in its category. Only funds with at least a three-year track record are considered. Ratings are calculated based on a fund's three-, five- and ten-year performance returns, as available. The overall rating is a weighted combination of the three-, five- and ten-year ratings. A fund can only be rated if there are a sufficient number of funds in its peer group to allow comparison for at least three years. For each time period, the top 10% of the funds in a category get five stars. For more details on the calculation of Morningstar Star Ratings, see morningstar.ca.
- Forward-Looking Statements
This website may contain forward-looking statements which reflect our current expectations or forecasts of future events. Forward-looking statements include statements that are predictive in nature, depend upon or refer to future events or conditions, or include words such as "expects", "anticipates", "intends", "plans", "believes", "estimates", "preliminary", "typical", and other similar expressions. In addition, these statements may relate to future corporate actions, future financial performance of a fund or a security and their future investment strategies and prospects. Forward-looking statements are inherently subject to, among other things, risks, uncertainties and assumptions which could cause actual events, results, performance or prospects to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied by, these forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and assumptions include, without limitation, general economic, political and market factors in North America and internationally, interest and foreign exchange rates, the volatility of global equity and capital markets, business competition, technological change, changes in government regulations, changes in tax laws, unexpected judicial or regulatory proceedings, catastrophic events and the ability of Mackenzie to attract or retain key employees. The foregoing list of important risks, uncertainties and assumptions is not exhaustive. Please consider these and other factors carefully and not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking information contained on this website is current only as of the date the statement was made. There should not be an expectation that such information will in all circumstances be updated, supplemented or revised whether as a result of new information, changing circumstances, future events or otherwise.
- Independent Views
Views expressed regarding a particular company, security, industry or market sector are the views of only that speaker/author as of the time expressed and do not necessarily represent the views of Mackenzie. Any such views are subject to change at any time based upon markets and other conditions and Mackenzie disclaims any responsibility to update such views. These views are not a recommendation to buy or sell and may not be relied on as investment advice and, because investment decisions for Mackenzie funds or ETFs are based on numerous factors, may not be relied on as an indication of trading intent on behalf of any Mackenzie fund or ETF.
Speculation or stated beliefs about future events, such as market and economic conditions, company or security performance, upcoming product offerings or other projections are "forward-looking statements". These forward-looking statements represent the beliefs of the speaker/author and do not necessarily represent the views of Mackenzie. General business, market, economic and political conditions could cause actual results to differ materially from what the speaker/author presently anticipates or projects.
- Pollara investor study results
A study conducted by Pollara found that 61 per cent of retail investors would prefer to buy their ETFs from a Canadian-based provider, believing local firms are more focused on Canadian investor needs and also citing the stability of the Canadian financial system.
This study was conducted by Pollara Strategic Insights with an online sample of 1,500 adult Canadians and was conducted between February 14th and 20th, 2020. Results from a probability sample of this size could be considered accurate to within ±2.5 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.
- Termination of Access
You acknowledge and agree that Mackenzie may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to, and use of, all or any part of this Site, including any links to third party websites, at any time, with or without cause, including, without limitation, any breach of the terms of the Legal Notices set out herein, in Mackenzie's absolute discretion and without prior notice or liability.
- Availability of Site
Mackenzie does not warrant that this Site will be available and meet your requirements or that access to this Site will be uninterrupted. Interruptions of availability may occur at any time, without notice, including periods of unavailability required for maintenance or technical reasons.
- Termination of Site
This Site may be terminated at any time by Mackenzie without notice.
These Legal Disclaimers constitute a contract between you and Mackenzie and Mackenzie is entitled to rely on it and to enforce its terms.
The contents of this Site are provided for informational and educational purposes and do not constitute specific advice regarding your personal investment situation or provide specific individual advice about investment, insurance, financial, legal, accounting, tax or similar matters.
Information contained on this Site is believed to be accurate and reliable when placed on this Site, however, we cannot guarantee that it is accurate or complete or current at all times. The information provided is subject to change without notice and Mackenzie cannot be held liable for any loss arising from any use of or reliance on the information contained on this Site.
- No Warranties
All information is provided "as is" without any warranties of any kind and Mackenzie and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees or agents (collectively, the "Mackenzie parties") make no representations and disclaim all express and implied warranties of any kind, including, without limitation, representations, warranties or conditions regarding accuracy, timeliness, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose and the Mackenzie parties assume no responsibility to you or any third party for the consequences of any errors or omissions.
Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all information is unaudited and there is no representation that the financial information has been prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Furthermore, the Mackenzie does not represent or warrant that the Site will be available and meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors (including typographical) or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have the sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment and to take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for viruses or other destructive properties.
As a condition of use of this Site, you agree to indemnify Mackenzie for any and all claims, losses, liabilities and expenses, including, but not limited to legal fees, arising from any use of this website or your violation of the Legal Notices.
- Use of Site
Mackenzie is not responsible in any manner and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damages whatsoever (including direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, and without limitation, lost revenues or profits or loss of prospective economic advantage) resulting from your use or inability to make use of this Site or the information therein, and/or any web browsers, including any loss or damages you may suffer if you transmit confidential or sensitive information to us or if we communicate such information to you at your request over the Internet.
Furthermore, Mackenzie is not liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on this website or the information contained herein, or any unauthorized use or reproduction of the website or the information, even if Mackenzie has been advised of the possibility of loss or damages or could have foreseen the loss or damages. Links to other websites from this website are for convenience only.
- No Endorsements
Links to other websites or references to advice, opinions, information, products, services or publications other than those of Mackenzie at this website do not imply the expressed or implied endorsement or approval of such websites, advice, opinions, information, products, services or publications by Mackenzie.
Links from or to websites outside of this website are intended for convenience only. Mackenzie does not review, approve, endorse or control, and is not responsible for any sites linked from or to this website, the content of those sites, the third parties named therein, or their products and services. Linking to any other website is at your own risk, and Mackenzie will not be responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking.
- Confidentiality (Internet and Email)
Mackenzie cannot ensure the privacy and authenticity of any information or instructions you send to us or that we send to you over the Internet. Mackenzie will not be responsible for any loss or damages you may incur if you communicate confidential information to us over the Internet or if we communicate such information to you at your request.
Email over the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be assured. Email communication is not confidential, is subject to possible interception or loss, and is also subject to possible alteration. Mackenzie is not responsible for and will not be liable for any loss or damages in connection with an email containing personal or confidential information sent by you to Mackenzie, or an email by Mackenzie to you at your request.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This policy explains how cookies are used on our Site. By using our Site, you agree to the following terms and conditions. The terms "we", "our" and "us" mean, as applicable, any Mackenzie affiliate or subsidiary, or any program or joint venture we participate in; and "you" and "your" means any individual who visits our Site. This policy may be amended from time to time without notice to you. By using our Site you agree to the placement of cookies on your computer in accordance with the terms of this policy. If you do not wish to accept cookies from our Site please take the required steps to disable cookies (although this may result in reduced functionality).
- What are cookies?
Links to other websites or references to advice, opinions, information, products, services or publications other A "cookie" is a piece of data that a web server creates when you visit a website. This data is information about how and when you use a website. It is placed on your computer, smartphone, smart TV or tablet ("online device") in the form of a small text file. There are two common types of cookies, "session cookies" and "persistent cookies". A "session cookie" is a temporary cookie that expires when you leave the website. Session cookies allow the website to recognize you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online basket. A "persistent cookie" is stored on your online device between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They enable the website to recognize you on your return, remember your preferences, and tailor services to you. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on our Site.>
- Advertising: Mackenzie may deliver online advertisements tailored to you or that may be of interest to you on third party websites, for remarketing or retargeting purposes, and to improve your customer experience on our Site. For more information on interest-based advertising see Section 31 (Interest-based Advertising) below.
- Security and verification: To help us maintain security and verify your details while you use the websites as you navigate from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page.
- Personalized Content: To remember how you have customized your use of our Site, such as your preferred language.
- Use of Third Parties
A cookie is a small amount of data that is stored by your web browser when you visit our websites. All cookies have an owner which tells you who the cookie belongs to. Across our websites we use first party cookies that are set using the investorsgroup.com domain as well as third party cookies that are set on our behalf by third parties.
We may use first party cookies on our websites for purposes such as:
- To help collect and compile information like the number of visitors to our websites, where the visitors to our websites came from and the pages they visit on our websites; and
- To deliver advertisements that relevant to you and your interests as well as measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
We do not combine information collected through the use of these third party cookies and tools with any other identifiable personal information we may have about you. In some cases we may collect your internet protocol (IP) address or other similar device identifier on the date you visit our websites, but we do not collect your name or other similar identifying information.
Interest-based advertising allows us to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. It works by showing you advertisements that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with this and other sites.
As you browse our Site, some of the cookies placed on your computer will be advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages you are interested in. We can then display advertising on your browser that is based on these perceived interests. These cookies do not contain personal or financial information about you, but may contain a unique identifier required by the retargeting process. We and our third party providers may use cross device linking to deliver relevant advertisements on another device using a unique identifier. If you access one of these ads, we may also track the response rate and the website activity associated with it.
We also work with third party advertising providers who collect and use information about your visits to this and other websites (but not your name, email address, postal address or phone number) to show you advertising that may be of interest to you. This includes the advertising displayed on our sites and the Mackenzie advertising you may be shown when you are on other third party websites.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings. Even if you opt out, you may still receive Investors Group advertising. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customized for you.
You can limit the collection of your information by disabling cookies on your browser. You may also be able to modify your browser settings to require your permission each time a website attempts to set a cookie. However, our websites (and many other websites) rely on cookies to enable certain functionality. If you choose to disable cookies, some of the services available on our websites may not work properly.
Browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer allow you to store passwords and logon IDs so you do not need to re-enter this information each time you access websites. We strongly urge you NOT to use this functionality to prevent unauthorized use of any online accounts you may have.
We may change this Policy from time to time without notice to you. When we do so we will display the changed Policy on this page. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to stay informed.
Privacy Protection Notice
Protecting your privacy
Mackenzie Financial Corporation (referred to in this Notice as “we”, “us”, “our”, and “Mackenzie”) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information that we collect and maintain in the course of carrying on our business. Mackenzie has a Chief Privacy Officer who is responsible for overall privacy governance. This Notice describes how we collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information. Please read this Notice and contact us through any of the means listed at the end of the document if you have any questions.
Members of the Mackenzie Group of Companies include any affiliates or successor companies of Mackenzie whose business relates to a purpose identified in this Notice.
In this Notice, your “Dealer” refers to an individual or entity acting or representing that it acts in connection with your investments as your investment advisor, broker, or dealer, or on behalf of your investment advisor, broker, or dealer. By applying for one of our products or services, you acknowledge and agree that your Dealer is your agent and not our agent. We are entitled to accept and act on any notice, authorization, or other communication that we believe in good faith to be given by you or your Dealer on your behalf. We are under no obligation to verify that your Dealer is properly authorized to act as your agent or is otherwise authorized to act on your behalf.
- Client Record and Personal Information: We hold the personal information we collect about you (and your spouse and/or beneficiary as applicable) for the purposes identified in this Notice in a record called the “client record”. Depending on the investment or service you request, the personal information in your client record may include your name, address, telephone number, social insurance number (“SIN”), birth date, account holdings, and the name, address, and SIN of your spouse and/or beneficiary among other information. For example, if you have established a pre-authorized payment plan, your financial institution account number is also held in your client record. Where you provide personal information about another individual, you represent to us that you are authorized to disclose such information to us.
- Providing Your Personal Information to Us: When you or your Dealer complete an application form or otherwise open an account with Mackenzie, you are providing personal information to Mackenzie, including, where applicable, personal information concerning your spouse and/or beneficiary, in order to:
- make an investment;
- provide instructions about an investment you have made; or
- receive information related to an investment you have made.
- Collecting, Holding, Using, and Disclosing Personal Information in Your Client Record: Mackenzie may collect, hold, and use the personal information in your client record as well as collect personal information from and disclose personal information to the third parties identified in paragraph 4 for the following purposes:
- identifying you and ensuring the accuracy of information contained in your client record;
- establishing and administering your account, determining, maintaining, recording, and storing account holdings and transaction information in your client record;
- executing transactions with or through Mackenzie including transferring funds by electronic or other means;
- providing you and your Dealer with account statements, transaction confirmations, tax receipts, financial statements, proxy mailings, registered plan notices, and other information which you or your Dealer may request as needed to service your account;
- verifying information previously given by you with any other organization when necessary for the purposes provided in this Notice;
- processing pre-authorized debit transactions;
- collecting a debt owed to Mackenzie;
- engaging in the financing or sale of all or part of our businesses, reorganizing our businesses, and obtaining and submitting insurance claims; and
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
- Third Parties:
- Mackenzie may collect your personal information for the purposes identified in this Notice from third parties such as your Dealer, other companies in the Mackenzie Group of Companies, other financial institutions and mutual fund companies, and from third parties who represent that they have the right to disclose the information.
- Mackenzie may transfer your personal information for the purposes identified in this Notice to our service providers, such as account statement preparation and mailing companies, courier companies, imaging companies, and document storage companies. When Mackenzie transfers personal information to our service providers, we ensure by contractual means that the transferred personal information is used only for the purposes for which the service provider is retained and is protected to the same degree as it is when in our possession. We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and where we do, personal information may be disclosed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the service provider is located, including to the government in that jurisdiction and its agencies.
- Mackenzie may disclose your personal information to third parties where permitted or required by law, such as disclosure for tax purposes to the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Mackenzie may disclose your personal information for the purposes identified in this Notice to third parties such as your Dealer, third party service providers, data-processing firms, other companies in the Mackenzie Group of Companies, other financial institutions and mutual fund companies, and group plan administrators. If you wish to withdraw consent to the continuation of this type of information sharing or discuss the implications of such withdrawal, please contact us. Your decision to withdraw consent may prevent Mackenzie from providing or continuing to provide products and services to you because the disclosure to third parties is a necessary part of making the product or service available to you.
- Using Your SIN: By law, Mackenzie is required to use your SIN when submitting tax reports to the Canada Revenue Agency. We may use your SIN as an identifier for reasons such as consolidating your holdings so that fees associated with your account are reduced or are not charged more than once, or that your mailings are delivered in one envelope or are not duplicated. Also, we may share your SIN as a unique identifier for the purposes identified in this Notice to third parties such as your Dealer, group plan sponsor, and third party service providers. If you have any questions or concerns about the use of your SIN please contact us.
- Location of Your Client Record: Your client record is kept in electronic, microfilm, or paper format primarily in Toronto, but it may also be kept in other Canadian locations. To request access to your client record, please contact us.
- Telephone Calls: We may record your telephone calls with our representatives, and we may monitor live or recorded calls for quality assurance and training purposes, and to confirm our discussions with you.
- Changes to Your Personal Information: Please inform Mackenzie promptly of any change in the personal information that you have provided.
- Right to Access and Rectify Personal Information: You are entitled to access, through a written request, the personal information contained in your client record, subject to limited exceptions set out in law. You may verify this personal information and request that any inaccurate information be corrected. To access and/or correct your personal information, please contact us using the options indicated below.
- Resolving Your Questions and Concerns: If your concerns about access to and/or the correction of your personal information have not been resolved to your satisfaction, or if you have any questions or other concerns about our management of your personal information, you can contact the Chief Privacy Officer using the contact information in Step 2 below. . If after contacting the Chief Privacy Officer your question or concern has not been resolved, we can direct you to the appropriate federal or provincial Privacy Commissioner.
Mackenzie collects this personal information, holds it in your client record, uses it, and discloses it for the purposes identified in this Notice.
Resolving your questions and concerns: If you have any questions or concerns about the treatment of your personal information please take the following steps:
- Step 1. Your question or concern may be easily resolved by our Client Relations team:
- Step 2. If speaking with Client Relations does not resolve your question or concern, you may contact the Chief Privacy Officer:
Mail: Chief Privacy Officer, Mackenzie Investments, 180 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 3K1
- Step 3. If after contacting the Chief Privacy Officer your question or concern has not been resolved, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or the Office of your provincial Privacy Commissioner if you are resident in Quebec, Alberta, or British Columbia.
Mackenzie Account - Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to users who create a Mackenzie Account using an Email ID and password. Your Mackenzie Account includes all of the locked content across the Mackenzie website (“the Site”) plus tools available via log-in credentials under the Mackenzie Institute tab on the Site. Please review these Terms and Conditions as well as the Legal Disclaimers for the Site.
- What is a Mackenzie Account?
Mackenzie Account provides access for financial industry professionals to locked content on our Site including but not limited to: fund analysis, practice management resources, manager commentary, sales team information, marketing materials, educational resources and tools. Your Mackenzie Account can be accessed by signing up with an Email ID and password.
- Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of your Mackenzie Account constitutes your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions set out on the Mackenzie Account section of the Site and in the Legal Disclaimers for the Site in general. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, please cancel your Mackenzie Account. Mackenzie may change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice by updating this posting. You agree to review the Terms and Conditions regularly and your continued access or use of Mackenzie Institute will mean that you agree to any changes.
- No Improper Use
Access provided to content via your Mackenzie Account may be used only for the limited purposes described in these Terms and Conditions. You will not make or attempt to make any other use thereof. You will not abuse in any way your Mackenzie Account and you will not, and will not attempt to, modify Mackenzie content, or disrupt or interfere with the availability or operation of this Site.
- Not Acting For Third Party
Only financial services professionals who have successfully completed registration for a Mackenzie Account are authorized to access the contents provided. As a user, you agree to act on your own behalf only, and not on behalf of any persons other than yourself. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that employees of Mackenzie may also have access to the content contained within the Mackenzie Accounts when acting on behalf of Mackenzie as part of their employment activities.
- Accuracy of Data
The information, material and content posted on this Site are believed to be reliable when posted. Although best efforts are made to ensure accuracy, there is no guarantee that the information, material and content are accurate, complete or current at all times. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, there may be typographical errors, or inaccurate or incomplete information resulting from Internet software and/or transmission problems.
- Third Party Data
No endorsement or approval of any third parties, or their advice, opinions, information, products or services, is expressed or implied. Mackenzie does not review or control, and is not responsible for, any information which is created or supplied by a third party.
- Disclaimer Regarding Third Party Websites
Parts of the MackenzieSite contain a number of links to Third Party websites. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, your use of Third Party websites may be subject to the terms and conditions which have been posted on or are applicable to the Third Party websites. The parties who own, maintain or control Third Party websites are solely responsible for their content, and Mackenzie assumes no responsibility for such content. Links to Third Party Sites are provided for convenience only, and are not to be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of the products, services, advice or information which may be available on them. Linking to Third Party websites is at your own risk and Mackenzie is not responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking.
- No Warranties
All information contained on Mackenzie‘s Site including but not limited to the information accessible only through your Mackenzie Account, is provided "as is, where is" without any warranties of any kind. Mackenzie and its affiliated corporations and their respective officers, employees, agents and contractors make no representations and disclaim all express and implied warranties of any kind including representations, warranties or conditions regarding accuracy, timeliness, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and assume no responsibility for the consequences of any errors or omissions.
- Limitation of Liability
You assume full responsibility for risk of loss or damage of any nature whatsoever arising from or in connection with use of your Mackenzie Account. You further agree that none of Mackenzie, its affiliates, their respective officers, employees, agents and service providers shall be liable for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use, or the inability to use, Mackenzie or any Third Party website, regardless of whether Mackenzie has been notified of the possibility thereof, and including any claims whether or not foreseeable based on contract, tort, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory. Mackenzie is not liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on the content available through your Mackenzie Account or elsewhere on the Mackenzie Site or the information contained herein, or any unauthorized use or reproduction of content accessed from your Mackenzie Account or information herein.
- Indemnity by Mackenzie Institute users to Mackenzie
As a user, you shall make whole and save harmless the Mackenzie parties from all claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, all legal and other professional fees and disbursements, interest, penalties and amounts paid in settlement) arising directly or indirectly from your use of any content accessed through your Mackenzie Account and/or any violations of these Terms and Conditions by you.
- Email IDs and Passwords
As a Mackenzie Account holder, you are solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Email ID and Password. Mackenzie shall treat, and shall be entitled to treat, any person who uses your Email ID and Password as you. Mackenzie is not responsible for the unauthorized use of Mackenzie’s locked content any other person with your Email ID or Password and Mackenzie is under no obligation to confirm the actual identity or authority of anyone using your Email ID or password. Accordingly, you agree not to disclose or provide your Email ID or Password to any other person, or to permit any other person to gain access to Mackenzie’s locked content using your Email ID and Password.
- Email ID and Password Selection and Confidentiality
Email IDs and Passwords are created by you during the registration process. In creating a suitable Password, you should ensure that the Password that does not contain or refer to any word that may identify you (including name, address, telephone number, account number, advisor number, dealer number, birthday of you or a family member). Mackenzie may not accept a password which it finds unacceptable or objectionable for any reason. You agree to notify Mackenzie immediately in the event that your Email ID or Password has been disclosed to or learned by another person, or if you become aware of any known or suspected security breach including the use or your Email ID or Password by another person to gain access to Mackenzie’s locked content
- Time Outs
For security reasons, where you have logged into your Mackenzie Account and there is no activity for a certain time period, your session on your Mackenzie Account will be terminated automatically and you will be required to log in to your Mackenzie Account again to re-gain access.
- Use of Anti-Virus Software
While it has taken reasonable precautions, Mackenzie assumes no responsibility for and does not represent or warrant that any material accessed through your Mackenzie Account of this Mackenzie Site does not contain any virus. As a user, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for taking steps to protect your computer from the introduction of any virus from any website or location, including this Site and any third party websites. You are encouraged to ensure that adequate precautions have been taken to protect your computer and any data stored on the computer, including the installation and updating of anti-virus software and the regular back-up of the data on such computer.
- Privacy and Confidentiality
Mackenzie is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information of financial industry professionals that we may collect and maintain in the course of carrying on our business. This includes any information about you which may be collected in connection with your Mackenzie Account. When you create a Mackenzie Account, you provide us with personal information and your access to and use of the Mackenzie’s locked content constitutes your consent to such information being collected, held, used and disclosed by Mackenzie in the ways and for the purposes identified here. When you register to use the Service, you provide us with your:
- Email ID and password;
- Dealer number and Advisor number (for AdvisorAccess users only)
- Email address;
- Personal information which you choose to provide.
Mackenzie collects this information, holds it and uses it for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity as Mackenzie Account user
- to record statistical information on your visit to your Mackenzie Account and use this information to improve Mackenzie Account content as well as our ability to provide tailored information that is relevant to you
- to offer you products and services that meet your needs; and
- to restore your access to the Service in the event that you have forgotten your Email ID or password.
- collecting and compiling information like the number of visitors to our websites, where the visitors to our websites came from and the pages they visit on our websites;
- delivering advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and measuring the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns in order to provide you with personalized service; and
- collecting your internet protocol address or other similar device identifier on the date you visit our websites (without collecting your name or other similar identifying information) so as to allow the Site to recognize your computer or other similar device.
Mackenzie is not aware of, nor responsible for, the cookie practices of any Third Party websites.
- Data/Traffic Analysis
Mackenzie may collect information regarding your use of your Mackenzie Account, including but not limited to the times of logging onto and off of Mackenzie’s Site, which pages on within your Mackenzie Account choose to access and the links on accessed through your Mackenzie Accountwhich are used, portfolios and comparisons built using the Precision Tool. This information may be used to offer you products and services that meet your specific needs and to improve our ability to deliver tailored information that is relevant to you. It may also be used for managing and developing content for Mackenzie Accounts, helping to resolve problems and analyzing use of Mackenzie Accounts. The Email ID and Password you enter, and the IP address of your computer, are also required by Mackenzie and used for enforcing the security features of Mackenzie Accounts and the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, and for the detection of fraud, abuse of Mackenzie Accounts and attempts to circumvent the security features of Mackenzie’s Site, and of any attempts to do the foregoing. Such information will not be provided to any person other than the affiliates and services providers of Mackenzie engaged in the support and maintenance of Mackenzie’s Site, and to law enforcement authorities as required.
- Use of Third Parties
We may use third party providers to help analyze the information that we collect through Mackenzie Accounts about the activity of users. Third party providers will not have access to your name or other identifying information except as specified herein.
Mackenzie Investments Institute offers professional development and learning presentations to advisors, for which advisors will be eligible to earn continuing education ("CE") credits. Mackenzie Investments Institute uses third party content providers and therefore certain limited personal information (name, business address, business phone number, advisor number and dealer number) may be shared with our content providers in order for that content provider to issue a CE credit.
Email Safety & Online Fraud
Email Safety (“Phishing”)
Email fraud is something that Mackenzie Investments (“Mackenzie”) takes very seriously. We have security systems and procedures in place to ensure that you can manage your investments in a safe and secure way. While we take every precaution to ensure your online safety, there are further steps you can take to protect yourself and your finances.
The following is information about some common types of email fraud and what you can do to prevent them.
“Phishing” (pronounced “fishing”) refers to the use of email or websites to fraudulently obtain personal and financial information. One method involves sending “spoof” emails purporting to be from legitimate, trustworthy companies. Recipients are asked to click on links leading them to what they believe are legitimate websites, but are actually fraudulent websites created by the perpetrators. Recipients are then asked to enter personal and financial information on these websites, and the information is used to commit fraud.
Typically, phishing emails claim that there is an urgent matter or security breach that requires your immediate attention. Perpetrators often use fear or threats to extract personal and financial information. This information can then be used to access accounts.
- Be wary of emails from unknown or unsolicited sources. If you do not recognize the sender of the email, do not open attachments and delete the email.
- Do not click on links in emails. If you want to visit a certain website, open a new browser and type the URL directly in the browser.
- Avoid providing personal or financial information in an email to an unfamiliar recipient. Think about whether the alleged sender would send the type of email in question or ask for the type of information requested.
Another form of phishing is the use of websites to fraudulently obtain personal and financial information. Having clicked on a link, users are led to websites that mimic the characteristics of legitimate websites. These websites are in fact fraudulent sites created by the perpetrators. The website then asks for personal and financial information.
- Check that the web address in the browser’s Address bar is correct and one you recognize. If in doubt, type in the company’s root address (e.g., www.mackenzieinvestments.com) and navigate to your desired page from there.
- Look for the secure transaction symbol (a key or padlock) on the bottom of your browser screen before entering any personal or financial information.
- Save regularly-viewed websites as favourites so that you return to the same URL.
Prospectuses, AIFs & Amendments
- Mackenzie USD US Mid Cap Opportunities Fund and Mackenzie Inflation-Focused Fund Simplified Prospectus - August 15, 2022
- Mackenzie Northleaf Private Credit Interval Fund Simplified Prospectus - January 26, 2022
- Mackenzie North American Funds Launch Simplified Prospectus - January 17, 2022
- Power Sustainable China Ascent Fund Simplified Prospectus - January 17, 2022
- IG Climate Action Portfolios - Betterword Funds Launch Simplified Prospectus - January 17, 2022
- Mackenzie Private Equity Replication Fund Simplified Prospectus - November 18, 2021
- Mackenzie Mutual Funds Simplified Prospectus dated September 29, 2021
- Mackenzie Mutual Funds Trust Twins Simplified Prospectus dated July 12, 2021
- Mackenzie Tax-Managed Global Equity and Mackenzie ChinaAMC All China Bond Funds Simplified Prospectus dated June 18, 2021
- Mackenzie CL Funds Simplified Prospectus – March 16, 2021
- Mackenzie Alternative Funds Simplified Prospectus - February 5, 2021
Annual Information Form
- Mackenzie USD US Mid Cap Opportunities Fund and Mackenzie Inflation-Focused Fund Annual Information Form - August 15, 2022
- Mackenzie Northleaf Private Credit Interval Fund Annual Information Form - January 26, 2022
- Mackenzie North American Funds Launch Annual Information Form - January 17, 2022
- Power Sustainable China Ascent Fund Annual Information Form - January 17, 2022
- IG Climate Action Portfolios - Betterworld Funds Launch Annual Information Form - January 17, 2022
- Mackenzie Private Equity Replication Fund Annual Information Form - November 18, 2021
- Mackenzie Mutual Funds Annual Information Form dated September 29, 2021
- Amendment No. 1 dated March 10, 2022, to the Mackenzie Mutual Funds Annual Information Form dated September 29, 2021
- Amendment No. 2 dated May 16, 2022, to the 2021 Mackenzie Mutual Funds Annual Information Form dated September 29, 2021
- Amendment No. 3 dated June 17, 2022, to the Mackenzie Mutual Funds Annual Information Form dated September 29, 2021
- Mackenzie Mutual Funds Trust Twins Annual Information Form dated July 12, 2021
- Mackenzie Tax-Managed Global Equity and Mackenzie ChinaAMC All China Bond Funds Annual Information Form dated June 18, 2021
- Mackenzie CL Funds Annual Information Form – March 16, 2021
- Mackenzie Alternative Funds Annual Information Form - February 5, 2021
Exchange Traded Funds
- Mackenzie Index and Active Renewal ETF prospectus dated July 27, 2022
- Prospectus of the Wealthsimple ETFs dated April 27, 2022
Wealthsimple North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- PFIC Annual Information Statement - Wealthsimple North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure - 1st Quarter – Wealthsimple North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure - 3rd Quarter – Wealthsimple North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- Financial Statement - Annual - Wealthsimple North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- Financial Statement - Semi-annual - Wealthsimple North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- MRFP - Annual - Wealthsimple North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- MRFP - Semi-annual - Wealthsimple North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
Wealthsimple Developed Markets ex North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- PFIC Annual Information Statement - Wealthsimple Developed Markets ex North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure - 1st Quarter - Wealthsimple Developed Markets ex North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure - 3rd Quarter - Wealthsimple Developed Markets ex North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- Financial Statement - Annual - Wealthsimple Developed Markets ex North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- Financial Statement - Semi-annual - Wealthsimple Developed Markets ex North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- MRFP - Annual - Wealthsimple Developed Markets ex North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
- MRFP - Semi-annual - Wealthsimple Developed Markets ex North America Socially Responsible Index ETF
Wealthsimple Shariah World Equity Index ETF
- Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure - 1st Quarter - Wealthsimple Shariah World Equity Index ETF
- Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure - 3rd Quarter - Wealthsimple Shariah World Equity Index ETF
- Financial Statement - Annual - Wealthsimple Shariah World Equity Index ETF
- MRFP - Annual - Wealthsimple Shariah World Equity Index ETF
Wealthsimple North American Green Bond Index ETF (CAD-Hedged)
- Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure - 1st Quarter - Wealthsimple North American Green Bond Index ETF (CAD-Hedged)
- Financial Statement - Annual - Wealthsimple North American Green Bond Index ETF (CAD-Hedged)
- MRFP - Annual - Wealthsimple North American Green Bond Index ETF (CAD-Hedged)
- Management Information Circular – April 2022
- Investor Notice – April 2022
- Proxy Notice – April 2022
- Management Information Circular - January 2022
- Management Information Circular - August 2021
- Investor Notice - May 2021 - Corporate Class
- Investor Notice - May 2021 – Merger
- Management Information Circular - May 2021
- Management Information Circular - March 2021
Independent Review Committee Report
The annual report of The Independent Review Committee (IRC) of Mackenzie Funds is required by National Instrument 81-107, Independent Review Committee for Investment Funds. The IRC has a mandate to review conflict of interest matters identified and referred to the IRC by Mackenzie Financial Corporation in respect of Mackenzie Funds and to give its approval or recommendation, depending on the nature of the conflict of interest matter. At least annually the IRC also reviews and assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of the Manager's policies and procedures in respect of the Funds and conducts a self-assessment of the IRC's independence, compensation and effectiveness.
Canadian securities regulations (National Instrument 81-106) require investment fund managers to disclose to investors the record of proxy votes on an annual basis. The intent of these regulations is to provide investors with greater transparency and more detailed information on how the investment funds they own voted shares as the security holder.
Through this website you are able to view the voting records for individual securities on a fund-by-fund basis. For each security, a brief description of each voting matter is provided, indication of whether the investment fund voted on the matter, and whether the votes cast were for or against the recommendations of the management of the issuer.
The information on this site is for the period ending June 30th of each year and is updated on August 31st.
Mackenzie Investments has implemented policies and procedures in accordance with British Columbia's Unclaimed Property Act.
Mackenzie Investments considers property to be unclaimed when mail sent to the owner is returned undelivered or when three years have passed since a cheque was issued to the owner and it has not been cashed, and the property value is $50 or greater. Mackenzie Investments makes efforts to locate and notify owners of their unclaimed property by contacting their financial advisor and/or writing to the owner at their last known address, and we maintain a list of owners of unclaimed property who we have been unable to contact.
If you are, or have been, a resident of British Columbia and believe that you have unclaimed property at Mackenzie Investments, please contact our Client Relations team:
Social Media - Disclaimer
The social media pages, accounts, sites, channels, and platforms which have been established and administered by Mackenzie Investments (each individually referred to as a “Social Media page”, and collectively referred to as “Social Media Pages”) on third-party social media sites, including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and various podcasting platforms (each individually referred to as a “Social Media Site”, and collectively referred to as “Social Media Sites”), are intended for general information purposes only. Any information provided on our Social Media Pages does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell any particular financial product or service and is not intended to provide advice, including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting, tax or estate planning advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. Please consult an appropriate tax and/or investment professional regarding your particular circumstances.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund and ETF investments. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns for the period indicated including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any investor that would have reduced returns. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Mutual fund securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer.
With respect to money market funds, the performance data provided assumes reinvestment of distributions only and does not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any investor that would have reduced returns. There can be no assurances that the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Past performance may not be repeated.
- Independent Views
Views expressed regarding a particular company, security, industry or market sector on any Social Media Page are the views of only that speaker/author as of the time expressed and do not necessarily represent the views of Mackenzie Investments. Any such views are subject to change at any time based upon markets and other conditions and Mackenzie Investments disclaims any responsibility to update such views. These views are not a recommendation to buy or sell and may not be relied on as investment advice and, because investment decisions for Mackenzie Investments funds or ETFs are based on numerous factors, may not be relied on as an indication of trading intent on behalf of any Mackenzie Investments fund or ETF.
- Forward looking statements
Certain information provided on our Social Media Pages may contain forward-looking statements which reflect our current expectations or forecasts of future events. Forward-looking statements include statements that are predictive in nature, depend upon or refer to future events or conditions, or include words such as "expects", "anticipates", "intends", "plans", "believes", "estimates", "preliminary", "typical", and other similar expressions. In addition, these statements may relate to future corporate actions, future financial performance of a fund or a security and their future investment strategies and prospects. Forward-looking statements are inherently subject to, among other things, risks, uncertainties and assumptions which could cause actual events, results, performance or prospects to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied by, these forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and assumptions include, without limitation, general economic, political and market factors in North America and internationally, interest and foreign exchange rates, the volatility of global equity and capital markets, business competition, technological change, changes in government regulations, changes in tax laws, unexpected judicial or regulatory proceedings, catastrophic events and the ability of Mackenzie Investments to attract or retain key employees. The foregoing list of important risks, uncertainties and assumptions is not exhaustive. Please consider these and other factors carefully and not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking information provided on our Social Media Pages is current only as of the date the statement was made. There should not be an expectation that such information will in all circumstances be updated, supplemented or revised whether as a result of new information, changing circumstances, future events or otherwise.
- Third-party platform terms and conditions
You acknowledge that your access to and use of our Social Media Pages is governed not only by our guidelines but also by the terms and conditions of the Social Media Sites. Please read the respective Social Media Site’s privacy policies and cookie policies. The amount of information about a user that is available publicly depends on the user's privacy settings.
- Use of information
We may use information provided on Social Media Sites – including, but not limited to, opinions contained in your comments, replies or messages to us – for statistical or analytical purposes.
- Information on social media is not legal and official policy and is subject to change
The information contained on our Social Media Pages is believed to be accurate and reliable when placed on our Social Media Pages, however, we cannot guarantee that it is accurate or complete or current at all times. Graphs, charts and graphics are used for illustrative purposes only and do not reflect future values or returns on investment of any fund or portfolio. Particular investment strategies should be evaluated according to an investor’s investment objectives and tolerance for risk. Any products and services, including investment, trading or tax strategies, must be evaluated relative to each individual’s goals, objectives and risk tolerance. The information provided is subject to change without notice and Mackenzie Investments cannot be held liable for any loss arising from any use of or reliance on the information contained on our Social Media Pages.
- No endorsement
Our Social Media Pages may follow other users, share or provide hyperlinks to third-party content, and “like/favourite” third-party content. This activity is intended to provide additional perspective and should not be construed as an endorsement of any individuals, services, products, guidance or points of view. Comments and opinions posted by users are the responsibility of the person who posts them. Mackenzie Investments does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of the content posted by others. Any opinions expressed by our followers are those of the persons submitting the comments and do not necessarily represent the views of Mackenzie Investments and its affiliates.
- Consequences of non-compliance
Mackenzie Investments reserves the right to block any follower who posts or retweets content that is deemed inappropriate or offensive or that constitutes a testimonial, advice, recommendation or advertisement for securities, products or services or that is promotional in nature. We also reserve the right to block followers whose Social Media Pages contain offensive or inappropriate content or serve as promotional sites. We reserve the right to review, edit, remove and/or report any posts, comments or replies deemed defaming, misleading or inappropriate, or that are in violation of these guidelines, our copyright, trademark and other legal policies.
Should you have any questions about our social media policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be cautious of emails, websites and other forms of communications claiming to represent a legitimate company or person and that ask you to provide confidential or financial information. This is called phishing.
The content of a phishing e-mail or text message is intended to trigger a quick reaction from you. It can use upsetting or exciting information; demand an urgent response or employ a false pretense or statement. Phishing messages are normally not personalized.
It is not Mackenzie Investments’ practice to email you or ask you to provide or confirm your PIN, password, or other confidential or financial information, other than as may occur in response to an inquiry from you. If you receive such a request, or if you have any concern as to the validity of an email from Mackenzie Investments, a website claiming to be an Mackenzie Investments website, a digital communication claiming to be from Mackenzie Investments and its employees, or our online security, please submit a Contact Us form.
Please attach any suspicious email in its original form, screenshots in the case of instant messages from other communication platforms, or in the case of a website please include the URL in your notification.
What to watch out for: 3 types of common fraud scams
Fake Job Postings Scam
On various websites and social media platforms you may encounter fake job postings. As part of this scam, you receive an offer via email to interview for a work-from-home position. A job interview is conducted online using a chat-related app (e.g. Google Hangouts, WhatsApp) and you are told you have been offered the job. Upon acceptance of the job offer, you are provided with a cheque as payment to purchase the necessary equipment, software, and training materials. You are then instructed to wire a payment to a specific vendor. Typically, the original cheque does not clear, and you end up being out the money that was wired to the “vendor”.
- Be mindful where you post your resume; scammers use legitimate websites to seek out victims.
- A legitimate employer will never send funds and request a portion of it back.
- Do your research. A simple search on the Internet can save you thousands of dollars.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
The fraudsters mail out letters indicating that you are the winner of a large sweepstakes prize (hundreds of thousands of dollars). You are told that in order to receive the prize, you will need to pay various fees, and a fraudulent Mackenzie Investments cheque is provided to cover the fees. You deposit the cheque, withdraw funds, and send those funds as the fee payment to the fraudsters. The cheque does not clear, and you are out the amount of the fees.
Real Estate Scam
The fraudsters send out fraudulent payment memos to law firms throughout North America. These memos are on Mackenzie Investments letterhead, are signed by a fake employee, and a large fraudulent cheque is enclosed. The memos claim that Mackenzie was instructed to make a large sum payment on behalf of a third-party to the law firm, and state that further instructions will follow once the funds have been deposited. The law firm is then instructed to send money to cover the costs associated with the fund transfer. The cheque does not clear, and the law firm is out the money that they sent to the fraudster.
Keeping you informed
As a reminder, Mackenzie Investments will never ask you for sensitive personal information such as social insurance numbers, bank account numbers or login credentials via unencrypted e-mail or without speaking to you regarding the request. If you have questions about this program, you may contact Mackenzie Investments at 1-888-387-0614 or refer to our website for updates on how we are responding at Client support for COVID-19.
- For information on various types of email fraud, please visit the E-mail Fraud / Phishing on the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website.
- The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre has published some tips on how to protect yourself. For more information, visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
- If you have lost money because of a fraud, contact your local police.
- You may also contact us by submitting a Contact Us form or calling us at: 1-888-387-0614.